F-Secure Client Security for Mac 13.12
F-Secure Client Security and F -logo are registered trademarks of F-Secure Corporation. products and technology names and logos are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Corporation. Other product names and logos referenced herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
This product may be covered by one or more F-Secure patents, including the following:
GB2353372, GB2366691, GB2366692, GB2366693, GB2367933, GB2368233, GB2374260
This document contains the latest information about the F-Secure Client Security for Mac 13.12 release. We recommend that you read the entire document before installing the product.
In this release, Mac clients report basic statistics to Policy Manager. Remote configuration via policies is not supported.
F-Secure Client Security also saves you time with automatic patch management and boosts employee productivity with web browsing controls.
- Control web access to protect your network and improve productivity
- Block selected applications from unknown sites to enhance security
- Enjoy automatically augmented security for online banking and other business-critical transactions
Complete with automated software updates, F-Secure Client Security provides the ultimate endpoint protection against known vulnerabilities. This is software that has earned AV-Test’s Best Protection Award four years in a row.
F-Secure Client Security Premium and Standard Features:
- Virus and spyware protection – protects your computer against viruses, trojans, spyware, riskware, rootkits and other malware.
- DeepGuard – proactive, instant protection against unknown threats. It monitors application behavior and stops potentially harmful activities in real-time.
- DataGuard – monitors protected folders to prevent untrusted applications from modifying your files.
- Web traffic scanning – detects and blocks malicious content in web traffic (HTTP protocol) to provide additional protection against malware.
- Firewall – consists of Windows Firewall integration and Network access control.
- Application control – allows you to restrict virtually any application from starting.
- Botnet Blocker – allows the Policy Manager administrator to block the Domain Name System (DNS) queries from the host for domains that have a malicious reputation.
- Browsing protection – provides additional protection against unsafe web sites.
- Web Content Control – allows the blocking of web sites that contain unsuitable content.
- Connection Control – protects against harmful activity when accessing sensitive sites.
- Device control – lets you control and disable hardware devices.
- Software Updater – keeps your system and applications up to date by automatically installing patches as they are released by vendors.
- Offload Scanning Agent – moves malware scanning operations to F-Secure Scanning and Reputation Server.
- Rapid Detection and Response – uses lightweight, discreet sensors that collect behavioral data from endpoint devices to identify a wide range of attacks.
What’s new in F-Secure Client Security 14.10:
New features and improvements
Rapid Detection & Response
- The Rapid Detection & Response sensor is included in both Standard and Premium editions of Client Security 14.10.
- a feature allowing managed hosts to download updates from each other redesigned and is reintroduced in Client Security 14.10.
- Firewall rules manually configured neighbor cast to function, see Policy Manager Administrator Guide for details.
Other changes and improvements
- Firewall profiles can be changed by end-users with administrative privileges in the local UI.
- Policy Manager administrators can configure the visibility of product-triggered notifications for all users, administrators only, or one.
- Policy Manager administrators lock or override them locally created scheduled scanning configuration.
- Application Control alerts now contain the name of the rule that triggered them.
- additionally, The local UI now supports the different types of scanning exclusions.
- Excluded objects are now visible in scanning reports.
- furthermore Numerous Software Updater improvements and bugfixes.
- similarly, An HTTP proxy not used when connecting the Policy Manager or Policy Manager Proxy.
- correspondingly Setup downloads fresh sidegrade package Policy Manager installation.
- shifting between Premium Standard editions, all local changes made the end-user lost.
- likewise, Settings that no longer shown in Client Security 14.10 user interface not migrated when upgrading from previous versions of Client Security.
- of course Web Traffic Scanning Advanced Protection blocks content only for harmful sites.
- together user-defined proxy does not support authentication.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (all 32-bit and 64-bit editions)
moreover English, Chinese (P.R.C, Taiwan, Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Canadian French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, as well as
Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, by the same token Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
Operating systems supported
- equally important macOS 10.15 Catalina
- to say nothing of 14 Mojave
- not to mention 13 High Sierra
- in the light of 12 Sierra
The recommended system requirements are:
- first, second, third Intel processor
- in the same fashion/way 250 MB of free disk space
- in like manner Internet Connection:
- Supported browsers
- as a matter of fact Safari
- not only … but also Chrome
- in the first place Firefox